I had the pleasure of attending Knit Night at the Co-op La Maison Vert, organised by the lovely Ms. Rhea (who used to live downstairs from me!)

I got to make new Ravelry friends (I'm GreenStockings on Ravelry, too). We had a blast drinking tea, chatting about knitting, books, and life. Great projects including socks on the tiniest needles, a jacket, a fantastically intricate lace shawl, a baby blanket, a hat, and some practice swatches, in a learning how to knit way.

Loved telling everyone about the Dr. Who Tom Baker scarf - especially juliesoleil's reaction, which was to immediately ask if I'd also made Bear a Jayne Hat, which, of course, I have.

I also signed up last night for the Montreal Ravelry Group Ravelympics 2010 Team. Going to use the challenge to knit the basis for my PlushYou! Shmancy Olympics Challenge. I need to get going on my design! My category is "Opening Ceremonies." Need to remember to take lots of pictures, and keep a record as I make it up as I go along, so as to make a pattern :)

0 comments: